Sunday, May 19, 2013

Release information & news on N8, C7 & 808

Hi everybody...

just wanted to let you know what is going on:




  •  N8 Delight v6.099 has almost exceeded 11.000 downloads 
   Big thanks to all the users worldwide for trusting us...
even though I am still a little disappointed about the support and feedback

Top 5 language sets downloaded:
1. arabic & french
2. arabic
3. german
4. polish 
5. spanish

  • C7 Delight v6.099 has 1265 downloads    
 Top 5 language sets downloaded:
1. indonesian
2. german
3. arabic
4. arabic & french
5. polish
 
  • Release v6.1
it is in progress...
- according to Apex666 the theme was already done, but due to icon size issues he had to resize all the icons... since the Theme will cover over 800 icons, so you can imagine how long the process takes

other plans for N8's Delight is:
- fixed long tap dialer 0 
- fixed gallery folder scan: adding some additional folders to the exclude list
- including browser fix mod 
- including X-Plore 1.6 without Refurbish
 - write a new script for updater app
- including winrar - simple .sis extraction to ROFS + adding it to organizer folder
- including fixed font
- including new widgets from Fp2: mirror, stopwatch, webview
which means I am going to have to make new translations

about C7 Delight: 
- I am going to make new translations that include the NFC translations in settings
 
  •  Delight 808
we are working hard on a release for Delight on 808
huellif finished it almost all the way, until we couldn't fix a Usb in Nokia Suite Mode issue, which isn't releaseable
and the widgets weren't running off of C yet
after 50 flashes and 1 week of work, I found the Usb bug
and got the widgets running from C, but now the gallery (widget and in menu) is broken...
we are getting there, slowly but surely...
I have a fairly good running system of Delight running on my phone at the moment, but nothing that can be released yet
I'll keep you updated
...

15 comments:

  1. its good news for delight user.but i have one problem the rofs3 light fixed is not working.i flashed this but my phone not running restarted automatically manytimes.sometimes its not on phone.when release ur next version for c7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already posted ANOTHER bugfix version... this time it is correct

      Delete
    2. phone iso is automatically not installed my phone.what can i do now.i installed bugfix2 ver cfw for c7.but only working green and red light.not wrkng menu light why?ur next ver name what ..

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info friend, wait patiently to see take delight in our 808.Thanks for his work, a greeting from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dude, eagerly waiting for Delight 808

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the information. i'm waiting for the 808 delight version,.. take your time and bring on the beast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. plse add AAC and AC3 format audio support ur cfw.how to play this type of audio formats ur cfw.
    when release ur next version of c7.i am waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. plse add aac and ac3 audio formats and add avi,mkv,mp4,wmv video formats .when release ur next verrion of c7.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friends, thanking you for the amazing and useful work I would suggest to include also:

    - Include SuperProgramLocks by jy1989.rmp and TRemoveRecTone.rmp in Patches,
    - replace scutitem.o0000 to have transparent captions in shortcuts like 5.2
    - Add the "beep twice" tone (missing here, I don't know why)
    - when "messages" shortcut is pressed open the sms received folder instead of confersations (I changed the options but it still open the conversations everytime, it's a bug I suppose).

    I would also suggest to change effects, they are a bit "too much complex" and it took a bit too much time to show the desidered next screen
    Thank you a lot!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I would like to let you guys know how much I appreciate your work on "Delight Custom Firmwares N8". Thank you so much indeed!
    It runs smoothly. It's fast. It's stable. It's really almost perfect! I love it.
    If there is hope and chance for Symbian to last, it will come from guys like you since Nokia abandoned the ship. That's why you very much deserve to be supported!
    Now I want to share my disappointment when I heard that there were 15000 downloads so far and only a few donations to support the new 6.99 version. This is sad, people! It's a shame!
    I'm sure that everyone behind those 15000 downloads spends every day at least 3 euros on coffee or on something they wouldn't even remember by the end of the day. I believe no one of those 15000 users would mind to give one or two cups of coffee to every one of the CF makers for their hard work on "Delight CF v6.99". People, please, be generous and do your part of this work right by supporting these guys! Show your appreciation because I think only "Thank you ..." and "Thanks bro ..." and so on are wonderful and heart-touching, but not enough to ensure that new improvements to Symbian will continue to be developed in the future, for all of us to benefit from.

    Asparuh Asparuhov

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your words mate, but not everyone can donate and Internet is a combination of leechers and seeders like in Torrents.

      I am sure those who can donate, donates and those who can't they donate. We would appreciate if more people donate but if they can't, no hard feelings.

      I still appreciate all those who donated for a new 808 for me so I could develop for those too but that didn't happen but luckily these guys taking Delight forward when I left behind.

      Guys like yours and many of our followers really keeping our hopes alive.

      Delete
    2. Wow big thanks Asparuh :)

      Reading your poste made me happy and also your donation.
      I am a pupil and don't earn money (except delivering newspapers), I am happy about every pence and invest the donations only in Symbian stuff.
      E.g. I bought a copy of Symbian OS Internals.

      If Ashok would have a 808 a lot of things in Symbian modding szence would run better, it's a shame that the donations failed :(

      A little hint:
      v6.2 will come really soon ...

      Greetings

      Delete
  9. I tried and loved your work. It's definitely one of the better CFW out there. However, it there a way to change your custom effects? Or how to disable it totally?

    ReplyDelete
  10. we R waiting for DELIGHT 808 version since months but without any serious actions on it , c7 ver. was to be release after 808 but unfortunately 808 is going in unknown way I don't know why !!? X(

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is because the way we split up the work.
    And we do have a life next to symbian, too

    Anyway...
    I started modding the translation files for 808 today
    and will be doing more this week
    and while I am doing so I will try to finish it up

    ReplyDelete